May/June 2019 edition
Issue #5 AutoMobilia Resource Magazine
Steve and Kyle Johnson
Wolf’s Head Oil signs have some of the most interesting graphics, especially the ones from the 1920s and 1930s. Wolf’s Head Oil company was founded in 1879 in Oil City, Pennsylvania, shortly after the original oil wells were drilled in the area in 1861. In the early years, Wolf’s Head Oil was marketed under “Pennsylvania Crude” “Finest Of The Fine” and “Run With The Wolf.”
The original signs were produced in a number of shapes and sizes, which make them stand out in any collection.
Both images pictured here are of original signs, and the rectangular one is from our collection.
SJ & KJ
Original Signs & Reproductions
Steve and Kyle Johnson are Father and Son collector's of original gasoline advertising signs, and owner's of Garage Art, reproduction sign company